Unity Tutorial 3

The clock I made
This assignment was both easy and challenging. I have learned some new lines of code for C# but I'm still going to have to google some stuff when making my game. Building the clock itself was very easy but coding is where it gets tricky. I enjoyed this experience though, but it's hard to learn a new coding language and it's hard to remember certain headings. Despite the difficulty I had with coding, the purposes of "public", "void" and "if" got stuck in my head so I guess that's something. I think the problem with this assignment is the fact that it establishes something and then you have to change it completely. This could've been done an easier way, maybe a video tutorial would be better and easier to follow. But overall it's awesome to know how to make an actual working clock that shows the same time as my PC.

I'd like to know how to make a digital clock as well, and if the same principals apply to something without moving components like the clock arms but something that displays numbers instead.

I don't really see myself making a clock in my game but maybe in a free roam game with a modern day city.

Comments

  1. I agree it was easy but difficult to do this one. I got stuck at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That clock is one of the only working ones I've actually seen, so congratulations on that. It did not work at all for me, the hands weren't working and they were pointing in the wrong directions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts