Unity Tutorial 1

At first unity is a lot to take in. We were introduced to making a 3D environment as well as a new coding language, C#.

 Learning how to use unity for the first time was kinda like learning Web Dev for the first time. It seems scary at first but then you realize it's not that bad at all. I can't say it's easy at first but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

It's not crammed with content and everything is pretty much laid out for you. The tutorials provided by unity were great, they let you play the game and change it giving the user their first game developing experience. They let you add physics to objects, objects and change the level design which was great. I had a bit of a problem with the video tutorials. It's not that they were hard to follow or anything like that, it's the fact that I was doing it on a Mac and in the video it was done on a windows PC. Because of that there was a huge difference between how unity looked on those devices. Never the less I still managed to complete the tutorials. The coding part of it was exciting as well. I've still to learn C# in more depth but I'm happy to learn a new language, also that my mates in other courses use it, it's always nice to catch up.

Comments

Popular Posts