Unity Tutorial 4

This weeks tutorial was interesting and quite convenient. Making the cursor change when it focuses on a certain object is important to me at this stage as I intend to apply aiming mechanics in my combat systems. To be honest I didn't realize that adding a weapon could be that complicated. And not complicated as in "I don't get this at all", I just never though adding weapons could have so many components to it. That is because most games have some sort of weapons in them...now I know why making them takes so much time. Despite the fact that this tutorial proved useful, I'd like to see how to work with physical bodies rather than just a camera for the character.

I want to learn how to make a character hold a weapon in their arm and then create a whole animation for attack. Speaking of animation, that seems like a process of trial and error which isn't always bad and can lead to some interesting discoveries, like maybe doing something better than originally intended. But in general, animation can be time consuming and not in a good way. For making animations I might refer to other tutorials that precisely point out how to animate an attack and what not.

Comments

Popular Posts