Introduction to future game dev

Hi, my name's Kris and I study Creative Digital Media.

Not sure how to start this introduction so I'm gonna start with the most basic things i.e. hobbies, favorite games, movies, music etc.

Alright let's start with the hobbies, not gonna lie I'm quite deadly at drawing, which you'll most likely be seeing later on in my blog. My favorite film is The Dark Knight, but Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite franchise of all time.
 I have quite the "heavy" music taste, I listen to bands like Metallica, Slayer and Black Sabbath, but I also like rock bands like Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam. My favorite song has to be fade to black by Metallica.
 My favourite games are RPG's. Games like The Witcher series and all the Elder Scrolls games. I just love admiring the graphics and I love leading the story, making decisions and having consequences as the story progresses.
I also love reading books and comic books. My favorite book has to be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
 My favorite food is probably Polish food.

My favorite module from last semester was Story Telling and Narrative. Loved telling my own stories and reviewing films in detail. I'm looking forward to other film related modules and making games with my own story. I plan on making a portfolio and going to film college after I finish this course but if that doesn't work I'm looking forward to become a game developer.

My biggest accomplishment last semester was "learning" how to do an animation last minute for the final assignment for Story Telling and Narrative. It was't the best but it came out better than expected, especially since I was't familiar with Adobe Animate.

I can't wait to learn how to make games, even though we're only gonna use unity. It was the idea to study game design in first place and I finally get to do it.

Comments

  1. You have a very good taste in music. And games. And movies. You seem to have good taste in most everything. Your blog is very minimalist with the blacks and whites being the only noticeable colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeeeyyyyyyyyy Kris,

    I liked your post don't forget to follow me ;P. Have to say I love your blog so far. I’m so sorry I was really stupid I couldn’t find it because my brain didn’t work. Other than that, everything looked interesting. The blog is very detailed and nicely done love the image and the video for your music. Look forward to more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sup Kris my friend.

    Great Blog man, love it, great detail about you and interesting. Its awesome you want to get into game design. The images you used are great quality and the theme really helps bring it all together, cant wait to see more of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, hi Kris. I would never guess that you have quite heavy music taste.... I'm personally not a huge fan of such music but whatever floats your boat! I agree with you on the game choices though, I don't know if you ever played them, but Bioshock , Bastion and Her Story have really cool stories too... Her Story is probably the most unique out of those three.
    What is your favourite polish food~?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are ye Kris? Nice to see a Christopher Nolan Batman fan! Ye can't beat The Dark Knight probably the best Batman live action film we'll ever get. I saw that you have the Cyberpunk 2077 artwork on your blog too. I can't wait for that game CD Project Red never disappoint. Have you ever played Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mankind Divided? I love those games they have me so hyped for Cyberpunk,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kristof! I agree that you are deadly at drawing from what I've seen in class, I definitely think you'd be great as a game developer. The Dark Knight is an amazing film with the best Joker, Leto doesn't even compare. It's cool that you're more into heavy music, I wouldn't be a fan but a bit of Metallica now and again is needed. I've never read the Harry Potter comics but I've heard good things. I read The Walking Dead and Marvel comics that's about it! Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kristof,
    You have really good music taste I do like a bit of rock music, I Love Foo Fighters they are so amazing Dave Grohl is an absolute icon. Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the best movie franchises ever Johnny Depp just makes they wouldn't be the same without him. One of my favourite modules last year was Storytelling and narrative as well. It was such a nice class. Ive never really tried Polish food even though my aunt is polish ill have to try some. Your blog is so good nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts