Game Idea Research

So I've been thinking about which game I would make out of the four I previously mentioned, and despite the fact that I have minimal game making experience I made a decision( that may or may not change in the future ). Upon further thought, I want to go with "The Unworthy Thor" game idea. I just think it would be an awesome game especially when further developed and rendered after the final presentation at the end of the semester. It would be an adventure with mechanics from the recent God of War and The Witcher games as well as an interesting story from the comics. If I could make this game work (especially if my PC cooperates and doesn't crash as per usual) I would be thrilled.

Game Mechanics

A game like this, apart from an interesting open world, needs some decent game mechanics like combat, character customization, interaction with other characters and the environment as well as mobility, Thor is a god after all.

Overall:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPV2KyIb3jR4KLGCCAciWQ5qHudKtYeP7
This playlist shows how to implement RPG elements into a game using unity. It features combat mechanics, character customization and an inventory system, it's all basic stuff but I think this is perfect for me since I'm a beginner. I'm gonna use this playlist as a base for my game and polish it from there.

Combat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vO89Pv8WIU
These can be further researched and upgraded during the process. Also let's not forget that Thor can summon lightning. Unfortunately I was unable to find a tutorial on superpowers but they can be purchased in the asset store.

Mobility and movement:

In the comics the character of Thor has a companion ram who he uses to fly around space, I want to add the option to summon that ram to travel quickly around the area. That means I need to spawn a character who will have the animations of a life form but the mechanics of a plane.
Thor has to be able to walk, run, crouch, jump, climb buildings(temples, castles etc.) and mountains. It can be found in the RPG playlist.


Interaction:

Interacting with other characters in the game will be crucial and necessary for the story to progress and for you to upgrade. Basics can be found in the playlist video but we also need this:

Comments

  1. Hiii Kris.
    I was waiting for post about your final game idea. And I was right expecting you to do something God of War-ish! I wonder thought, why did you go with a comic rather than creating your own story? Norse mythology has a lot of gods and goddesses to pick from, the standard Thor, Loki and Odin are only a tiny part of it. Plus, there are other mythologies if you wanna go down that route - Greek, Chinese, Celtic, Egyptian and soo much more.
    I am looking forward to seeing what you can create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kris hows it going. Just read your idea for your game and the concept and damn thats a great idea. Thor seems like an interesting idea for this due to his resurgence in the MCU and him being in the new God of War, it makes sense to make a god of war style game with witcher elements for him. It seems rather you and I love it. But I do wonder will there be a story or explnataion for Thors situation if any and will it take inspiration mainly from the Marvel version or norse mythology? I was thinking as an idea, I wonder due to his insane power it would make it fun but how could the combat be balanced or maybe you have to build up to his insane power? Any way man this stuff is sounding so good and cant wait to see more of it and how you'll flesh it out. Good luck buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krystof! This game idea sounds really cool I love the name of it too it's powerful. I'm sure it'l look awesome when it's finished too and I hope you PC cooperates for you! I'm a beginner here too so the idea of creating a successful game is a bit terrifying. The combat part sounds cool I'm guessing he'll have the classic hammer? If you want to one-up that you could create his Infinity War battle axe! Great game idea though:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts