Week 8 Comments and Feedback


Overall, I've received some really positive feedback. The most honest feedback can be seen in my Game Idea blogs. Only a few people seemed to be honest with me as they pointed out some issues and suggested ideas for my game. I haven't seen similar feedback later in mt blog. I feel like people are afraid of being honest because they think they're being "mean" or harsh. But realistically, this kind of honest feedback is necessary so I could learn from my mistakes and improve and make better work. It seems like people like to repeat the same things over and over in a single comment just to reach the word count. I wish that improved at least in the next semester. Realistically, I've received proper and honest feedback from only three people out of about ten that commented.

I always try to be honest with my comments. Sometimes it's hard to come up with something to reach the word count simply because of the lack of content and necessary detail. In these cases, which are quite often, all I can comment is "you need more detail on (whatever)" or "maybe add this and that". I hate that because I feel like I'm writing and/or finishing the blog post and the assignment in general for the person I'm commenting on. It's very frustrating especially when you have plenty assignments to finish and it's super time consuming.

I look forward to getting comments on my final prototype. I want honest feedback that I can actually look back on and think about what's good and what's bad, what to get rid off and what to keep. I look forward to people giving honest feedback, what they like or dislike, ask questions and give suggestions. I don't see a lot of people doing it that way and I really wish they could.

Comments

Popular Posts