Unity Free Tutorials

For this week I will be learning off of Brackeys, it's a YouTube channel that specializes in game tutorials and engine reviews and I found it super useful for making my game. The tutorials I'll be looking at are about making an RPG and coding characters.







These four tutorials were the most useful ones for me. It's a quick and simple way of creating key RPG elements that I plan on putting in my game prototype. Interaction will be an important part of my game, whether it'll be objects like doors and loot or other characters in the game like NPC's and enemies. 

The inventory system won't have a lot of slots like the one in the video but it'll have assigned slots for food, drink and armor. It way look the same as the one presented in the video for the purpose of the prototype. There won't be that much armor or food since it's just the prototype.

Items like food, drink and armor will be in the inventory but the weapon will be held by the main character. Other items like gold and crafting materials will be picked up using a cursor. The cursor will also be used for interaction.

The combat is probably the most crucial tutorial on the list, The prototype will have a quite simplistic combat. I will include a light and a heavy attack and obviously the heavy attack will deal more damage. Enemies will drop loot when they die. I will use the same health bars as those in the tutorial.

When making my game I will continue to look at different tutorials and add some things I wish to add like a boomerang mechanic for the weapon and how to teleport as well as how to ride a horse and then make it fly....don't question it.

Comments

Popular Posts