Prototype

Right, so I started to work on my prototype and it's not going as smoothly as I anticipated. I still need to make my character move but I'm on the right track, I'll most likely complete that task in the lab.




So I decided to start with the terrain, I felt like it'll make planning easier and it did. I set a an area for the things that are going to take place later on but I might add some colour as it's all a bit hard to see.

The character is where things get a bit more complicated. I downloaded an asset from the Unity Asset store and the character comes with an axe which is very handy, as well as few animations which will make the attacks a bit more interesting but I'm debating not using those since I'm only a beginner. There are plenty of tutorials out there but they all show something different so I'll need the help of a lecturer to make my character move and to set up the camera, it'll be easier from that point on.

I'll later add some enemies which will all be the same as well as an inventory system an npc and more weapon mechanics as well as a cursor for good measure.

Comments

  1. Great work so far! I like how the game is going and cant wait to see how it develops. The terrain looks very creative and shows that you really do know what you are doing. The character model looks very well, hopefully you will be able to make use of the animations added on from the assets. Best of luck with the rest of your game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts