Alpha

I'm not as far ahead as some people since I had to start all over again. So far I can only move, jump, crouch and attack and I added in an NPC that I'm trying to interact with but that's kinda difficult at the moment. I also added a text box that doesn't work yet since I need to make the camera correspond to the mouse so I can look around as well as interact with NPC's and objects, basically add the HUD.

Alpha
Text Box
Once I'll be able to get the cursor working and interact with NPC's and objects using [E] everything else will be much easier to make, like enemies and objects. Following that I will add an inventory and a mini map and maybe a health bar. I will need to make the player throw the axe like a boomerang....I'm not sure if I'll get to do it in time. Then I'll need to add some objects that will need to be collected.

Comments

  1. Hey Kris,
    I'll never not be fascinated by how amazing your game is so far, The fact that you have an npc in your game is beyond amazing! Don't be too hard on yourself because everything from the graphics to the character look great, looking forward to the rest of the game that you're creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. I would swear, but I probably can't soo... Yeah. That looks good. Really good, actually. Not to mention you even made a little video... Jealous much. Your character has animations and everything... You did a good job and should be proud of yourself, not cry about the cursor... Though I do the exact same thing. Maybe you can make the npc interaction based on a keyboard, since the cursor is a nightmare to add.
    Keep up the good work!
    Also, to answer your questions from comment - I have a tiny, centered cursor, but its more of aesthetics, rather than useful feature. And I do indeed have NPCs. Currently, my game have three male ones and one female... They don't do much at the moment as they just stand, look around and scratch their heads. And I like your idea with the ship, I will looking for a free one to add in, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts