NEW PERSONAL GAME - LEARNING HOW TO USE UNREAL ENGINE 4

This game isn't an original idea as such, I wanted to learn how to use Unreal Engine 4.

I chose to go with a First Person Shooter(FPS), and learn how to apply mechanics and make a character(s) work and most importantly, learn how to use a new engine.

First I added a 3rd Person Character Controller, I didn't go with the 1st person one because it only included hands instead of a whole body. I then moved the camera around to match the view of the character and as a result, have a first person view.

I began to create the first part of my HUD, I added a health bar and a shield bar, I made it so the the shield bar regenerates if damage is not taken but the health doesn't.

For testing purposes I added an object which will deal damage if I walk through it.


Comments

Popular Posts